Funny Things: Funny Market
11am – 4.30pm Saturday 28th and Sunday 29th October
Light House will be full of Funny Things on the weekend of 28th and 29th October with the Funny Market.
FREE ENTRY. Some activities are chargeable, see below.
There will be stalls full of Funny Things to buy, including comics, whoopee cushions, funny books and loads of Funny Things to see and do:
Where: Light House
• You can create your own funny creature and make up a silly story about them with Curious Oddities throughout the weekend.
• We’ve got a kids’ joke corner with Barbara Nice at 12pm each day, where you can tell her your best kids’ jokes (big kids also welcome!)
• Our festival band Orchestra of Chaos will be making a special appearance.
• The film Titanic Love by local film maker Mark Pressdee will be showing at 11.30am each day (Free entry with collection bucket).
• Black Country theatre company Sneaky Beasts will be performing their show Bostin Boots at 4pm each day (Tickets £5.00)
• There’s an open mic session for people to have a first go at stand-up hosted by Barbara Nice at 12.30pm on Saturday
• A showing of Chaplin short films with live music at 2pm on Saturday. Tickets £7/£5 concessions
• A talk by photographer Steve Best about his adventures Clicking Comedians at 12.30pm on Sunday (£5)
• Funny short films from Flatpack showing during the day
• and loads more Funny Things to see and do.
Are you planning an event in the City Centre?
We will happily list your event here for you to gain further exposure. Send us some details about what you are planning and submit it for review.