Everyone has a Blast at Seaside in the City 2018!
The kids were kept very busy on the last weekend of the summer holidays at Wolverhampton’s FREE Seaside in the City. Both Saturday & Sunday 1st & 2nd September the sun shone gloriously and a great time was had by all that visited.
It really was like being beside the sea as Queen Square was transformed with a huge city centre beach surrounded by deckchairs for all to enjoy. A giant deckchair provided the perfect photo opportunity. Little visitors enjoyed an array of free fun family activities including a children’s games area that included Jenga, Lego, connect 4 and a ball pool to keep them entertained.
On Saturday lovers of traditional seaside fun fairs enjoyed Hook a Duck and a Coconut Shy. Children and big kids were entertained by Punch and Judy Shows at 11am, 1pm and 3pm and a Circus Skills workshops ran throughout the day. For those brave enough the surf board simulator was running all day too! Signal 107’s roadshow was blasting out feel good summer tunes.
Sunday saw the arrival the Harry Jones fun fair to join the big city beach and our fabulous free face painters who were busy all over the weekend.
To view the photos from both days head over to our Facebook page album by clicking here
Here are just one or two quotes from excited visitors:
- We had a lovely time Thank you!
- Looks amazing, thank you for providing this opportunity for families.
- Big shout out to all that made this possible as some kids won’t have been to sea side during holidays.. So we’ll done to you all.
- What a great event, my grandchildren loved it. Well done Wolverhampton!
- We need more events over the summer like this. The face painting is amazing…