CCTV City Ambassadors Late Night Safe Haven Business Crime Partnership DISC Crime Reporting App Radio Link Night Guardians Environmental Improvements Street Cleansing Bright City Lights
Our City Ambassadors are the face, eyes and ears for the BID team, ensuring city centre operations run smoothly. Our experienced team provide a welcoming sense of security and a visible presence within the BID area.
Our team, Wendy, Sally Heidi and Jo undertake a wide range of tasks including:
- Greeting visitors to the City and be available to members of the public requiring help, assistance, advice, guidance and direction.
- Advising shoppers and visitors about the range of services and facilities.
- Providing a smart, uniformed, highly visible, friendly walking visitor information service and business liaison service.
- Maintaining an excellent understanding of City centre operations, City events, attractions and BID activities.
- Visiting businesses regularly to address business needs, suggestions, security matters and record incidents, complaints or other feedback.
- Patrolling the city centre on a daily basis.
- To work with Police, PCSO’s, City Council Compliance officers, our own CCTV operator, Shopping Centre Security & CCTV officers and other partners to assist in the reduction of stock loss, antisocial behaviour and opportunities for crime.
- Offering basic First Aid and assist with lost children and offer assistance to vulnerable people.
- Dementia Awareness trained.
- Assisting businesses with co-ordinating promotions through to dealing with anti-social behaviour.
- Supporting property owners in keeping boundaries clean, tidy and attractive and devoid of litter.
- Maintaining communications with the control room, management and other agencies through the use of the radio and DISC Crime reporting app.
- Business contact gathering info and maintaining regular and effective contact with levy payers.