Wolverhampton Business Improvement District (BID)
Project Coordinator – Business Crime Reduction
Salary £26,000 to £28,700 DOE
Working pattern: 40 hours a week - Monday to Friday (Weekend and Bank Holiday working will be required for special events)
We are looking for a Project Coordinator to work as part of our busy, small team and specifically to manage the Wolverhampton City Centre Business Crime Reduction Partnership. You will need to be a strong communicator, effective in partnership working, have an understanding of business crime reduction initiatives and most importantly have a passion for making real, positive change.
Wolverhampton BID is Private Limited Company funded by city centre businesses formed to deliver improvements and projects within the defined city centre BID area. The BID is now in its second 5-year term delivering all of the activities as set out in its 2020 - 2025 business plan. One service delivered by the BID is the Business Crime Reduction Partnership (BCRP) which is fundamental in ensuring a safe and welcoming city centre. Central to the role is working collaboratively to reduce crime and anti-social behaviour (ASB) which affects our city centre businesses, their employees, customers and the community.
Key aspects of the role include:
• Understanding the role of the BID and BCRP in supporting a safe and welcoming city centre.
• Building strong and effective relationships with the city centre business community and key stakeholder organisations to understand and reduce the impact of business crime and anti-social behaviour.
• Manage the effective, daily use of the radio link scheme, overseeing its administration and managing the contract with the radio link provider.
• Promotion and management of the DISC crime reporting app, including timely updates of information/intelligence and ensuring compliance with GDPR.
• Representing the BID at key meetings to help coordinate city centre activities across both the private and public sector with issues related to ASB and crime prevention/ reduction.
• Coordination of CCTV officer role, monitoring data and ensuring compliance with GDPR regulations.
• Coordinate and facilitate Pubwatch meetings, providing administration, support and planning for the group and leading on delivery of initiatives to support the night-time economy.
• Actively seeking updates on policy changes, legislation and best practice across all of the above including public safety and information sharing etc.
• Attending NABCP meetings and maintaining awareness of and implementing good practice shared through the NABCP whilst working towards NABCP accreditation.
• Support the coordination of the Late Night Safe Haven and Night Guardian services including administration of the projects, budgetary reports, staffing, intelligence gathering / sharing and reporting mechanisms.
• Represent the BID / BCP at the Rough Sleeping Partnership Meetings and Begging Citywide Taskforce to support people out of homelessness and assist the reduction of begging and ASB.
• Alternative Giving CIO coordination and progression of all aspects of the charity including administration for the board of Trustees.
· Candidates will be required to be CRB checked and references will be sought.
For the full job description and details of how you can apply please email email@example.com ( from 1st August to 12th August) or firstname.lastname@example.org (from 15th August to 26th August)
For further information about the role please contact Shaun Boyce – Office, Projects & Social Media Manager between 1st and 12th August on 01902 710903 or Wolverhampton BID’s Managing Director Cherry Shine from 15th August onwards via 01902 710903 / 07800 713455.
Closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday 26th August 2022. Shortlisting will take place on week commencing 29th August and interviews will be held during the weeks commencing 5th and 12th September 2022.