Support Worker - Smithridge Healthcare Ltd
Smithridge Healthcare Ltd
Support Worker | Hours unspecified | Competitive Pay Rates (£10.65ph-£15ph)
Support Workers Needed
JOB AD DESCRIPTION
Are you an enthusiastic, empathetic, friendly & hard-working support worker who is looking for a new opportunity or a fully flexible rota?
Smithridge Care & Support are looking for Relief Residential Support Workers to join the organisation in providing cover and support to homes when needed e.g sicknesses or absences.
We care for vulnerable children & adults living with a variety of different conditions such as; learning disabilities, mobility difficulties, mental health conditions, challenging behaviours & more. All of our work is located in residential care homes or supported living centres in the West Midlands, Shropshire & Staffordshire.
You will be working as part of a team to ensure the physical, social and emotional well-being of the children/young people and assist in their positive holistic development and resilience. You will also be responsible for actively safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children/young people in the home.
The responsibilities of this role will include not are not limited to;
· Promote structure, boundaries & routine
· Help prep & cook food, prepare drinks & occasionally help to feed people
· Personal Care for male and female residents; this includes toileting, bathing, changing incontinence pads, oral care, nail care etc.
· Using manual handling equipment correctly and safely e.g. hoists, wheelchairs, slide sheets
· Providing emotional & physical support
· Help each service user to develop social, independence & every day skills
· Completing documentation such as; forms, reports & care plans
· Light house-keeping duties; making/changing beds, tidying up, mopping, sweeping, polishing, laundry etc.
· Engaging with the services users in their hobbies e.g. reading, listening to music, taking walks
· Performing all duties and responsibilities with a person-centred approach
Working as a Support Worker can be challenging however it is an extremely rewarding career as you help comfort vulnerable adults in their time of need.
Smithridge Care & Support works with you to ensure that you only ever work shifts that fits around you and your needs, essentially you will never work a shift you don’t agree to work.
What Are The Benefits Of Working With Us?
· Quick Recruitment Process (be activated and working within 7 days)
· Ability To Pick & Choose Your Own Shifts
· Competitive Pay Rates (£10.65ph-£15ph)
· Referral Bonus (up to £200)
· Online & In-House Training Available
· Supportive Office Staff
· Must have had 2 or 3 COVID-19 vaccinations (essential)
· Must have NVQ Level 3 in Health & Social Care or equivalent (essential)
· Have a valid UK driver’s license & car (preferred)
· Have had 6 months recent support worker experience in the UK
· Currently live in the UK
· Are a pro-active, passionate and positive worker
If you're a Support Worker looking for flexible, reliable work call 01902 425500.